Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pseudo-weekend wrapup

If it weren't for the fact that my job is grinding to a halt in a few days, my biggest gripe right now would be that we just flipped to the "Krazy Kalendar" portion of the year.  Our last stretch of four days of work turned into a stretch of five days of work - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday as well.  We saw no particular overtime advantage from this fifth consecutive workday because it fell in a different calendar week.  Then what would have been four days off became three days off:  Monday (a recovery day, spent mostly sleeping, as our work week had just ended at 6:00 that morning), Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Tomorrow, Thursday, is our first night back.  But it's a flex day, meaning it could go from either 10 PM to 2 AM or from 12 AM to 6 AM.  We won't officially know until tomorrow morning.  Then Friday is scheduled to be a regular work day.  Only it is also scheduled to be the final work day for most of my shift.

I still have two use-them-or-lose-them sick days I'm entitled to, and I haven't felt 100% in about a month.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Yesterday was marathon session with my mom - we started out at about 12:30 and didn't get back until nearly 8:00.  Today was slightly shorter - we left the house at 1:00 and got back around 7:00.

Out of the list of things that I posted the other day, I've gotten two accomplished:  I bought stamps yesterday and got a haircut today.  No baking, which is a significant problem.  I may have to pull a marathon session on Saturday.

No comments: