More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Thursday, October 21, 2010

End of an exhausting three days off

Three days of running and I'm tired.

I accomplished about half of what I wanted to do today.  I put up a new post on Hot Notes, the blog for transitioning workers from my current workplace.  This doesn't actually involve any writing on my part, just a copy, paste, and reformat of existing content. I mowed the lawn.  I had to go on an emergency grocery run for my mom, who realized as she was baking a cake that she  had forgotten some critical ingredients during our shopping trip yesterday.  I didn't get my advance ticket to the Sideshow Gathering, but I did find out where Marc's Tattooing on Route 309 is located.  I also didn't start on the visitors' guide for the Gathering, but I did scout out some places of interest - and got lost many, many times.

I never made any pie, neither apple nor pumpkin.  I made my phone call but wound up talking to a machine.  I met my friends for dinner, and was forced to clean out the car before I could do that. I didn't get  to buy the thing I was looking to buy, but it turns out I didn't need it anyway.  After dinner a friend and I stopped in a nearby Big Lots! and I was able to pick up the candelabra-base fluorescent bulbs that I couldn't locate at Sam's Club yesterday

I got to my house and installed some new random on-off timers and the new candelabra bulb in my Homer Simpson bedside lamp.  Then I came back here to give Homer the cat (no relation to Homer Simpson) his medicine and write up this post.  Now I just have to haul out the garbage and the recycling, maybe toss in another load of laundry, and then get to bed.  Tomorrow begins another four or five or six-day stretch of work.

No comments: