More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Overtime

There's lots of overtime at work right now, which is either ironic or entirely predictable in the face of our mass layoff of just over a month ago.  I'm working as much as I can manage.  I have to.  In the aftermath of my house robbery, which probably netted the thieves about $60 in scrap metal recycling (assuming they did not have to pay a cut to someone else to fence the metal for them), I am looking at repairs in excess of my $500 insurance deductible, plus a $900 fee for installation of a security system, plus a $30/month monitoring fee, plus insomnia and total paranoia and an inevitable increase in my already-steep insurance premium.  That's a lot of overtime I need to work on behalf of these bastards, just to cover losses and incidental expenses.

No comments: