Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Overtime

There's lots of overtime at work right now, which is either ironic or entirely predictable in the face of our mass layoff of just over a month ago.  I'm working as much as I can manage.  I have to.  In the aftermath of my house robbery, which probably netted the thieves about $60 in scrap metal recycling (assuming they did not have to pay a cut to someone else to fence the metal for them), I am looking at repairs in excess of my $500 insurance deductible, plus a $900 fee for installation of a security system, plus a $30/month monitoring fee, plus insomnia and total paranoia and an inevitable increase in my already-steep insurance premium.  That's a lot of overtime I need to work on behalf of these bastards, just to cover losses and incidental expenses.

No comments: