Thursday, July 01, 2010

One more time

Back to work today. One last "Flex Day." 10:00 PM to 2:00 AM. This should be my last one ever, unless something seriously changes.

I'm learning stuff about myself lately. I've heard that when you're a bachelor for too long you become set in your ways, and can develop strange habits that don't integrate well with non-bachelor society. I think I'm there. And I really want to change that.

That may mean some changes here. Less blogging, less time online. Especially when I'm finally off night shift, and I can set aside my nocturnal habits, and sync up my schedule to the rest of the world. Because it doesn't help much when you suddenly realize you have some free time to call that person you've been meaning to call, and look up and notice that it's 2:00 in the morning, or even 11:30 at night.

But I'm also realizing that there's some crap that I'm not willing to subject myself to. Not anymore. Once upon a time, yeah. But I've been burned too many times in the past to subject myself to other people's bad behavior. Trust me, I've got enough of that for myself, thank you.

I've had some follow-up to yesterday's post. One good, one bad, one neutral. I think one door is still open, one has slammed shut, and one...well, I haven't really given a damn for quite a few years there, anyway.

I guess I should start getting ready for work now.

No comments: