Friday, December 04, 2009

Wiped out

Wow, am I tired. I've been staying up late, later than I should, because my body still thinks it's on night shift. But now it's just after 8:00 at night and I'm falling asleep...and I start back on four days of night shift tomorrow night.

I've been doing a lot of yard work these last three days. All the leaves from the yard here are either serving as mulch or are bagged and stacked in wire compost bins to start the process of decaying into leaf mold.

Across town I pulled out my garden, put away the tomato stakes, began pruning the grapevines, and mowed the lawn one last time. I then put away the lawnmower and all the garden tools for the winter.

I also decorated the house over there for Christmas. Noting fancy.

Took Bowie to the vet today to get her spaying sutures removed. No problems there, but I nearly vomited when I heard the insipid glurge of "The Christmas Shoes."

Still haven't started on the cookies. Dammit. I'm gonna be doing a lot of baking next week.

Some fun stuff courtesy of Gwyd the Unusual , who I saw perform at the Sideshow Gathering and am now friends with on Facebook: "Fearsome Creatures of the Lumberwoods", a guidebook to strange and mostly unknown creatures said to haunt the woodlands of America. Published in 1910!
I still have to finish my Sideshow Gathering posts...and my Stained Glass Window Project posts...and my Christmas Shopping...and my bills...

2 comments:

joy said...

"Insipid glurge"? I had to watch the video after that description. Is "glurge" a real word? It SOUNDS like the right word to describe this piece of emotionally-manipulative dreck. Sort of like an overwrought Hallmark commercial...you KNOW they're pushing emotional buttons. Even though you HATE the cynical, calculating nature of it as you listen to it, it still brings an unbidden tear to the eye.

D.B. Echo said...

Heh. Glurge is a coined word to describe surupy-sweet stories that are supposed to convey a moral, usually in the form of chain e-mails that then warn you of dire consequences for breaking the chain!

http://snopes.com/glurge/glurge.asp