Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Coming soon: The return of The Stained Glass Project!

It's been over a year since my first preview post in what would become The Stained Glass Project. And it's been over six months since my most recent post in this series. I only have a few windows to go. I think it's about time I wrap this up!

In my defense, I've been busy for the last few months, very busy. But things may be slowing down to a more normal pace, and I am going to try to catch up with many of the things I've had to postpone.

But that's not the only reason I've been delaying the completion of this project.

See, I had a weird sense of foreboding that when I finally had this project completely in the can, something more than the project would be ending. Things in this Diocese were heading in a very bad, very wrong direction, and once I had put the finishing touches on the final post, I was thinking that maybe it would be time to bring my relationship with the Diocese to - well, if not an end, at least an indefinite hiatus. Until and unless things changed.

Things changed.

So now that burden is lifted. I no longer foresee any major changes coming with the completion of this project. I am once again looking forward to finally bringing it to an end.

Unfortunately, the beginning of the end will have to wait a bit. I have one last day of regularly scheduled work tonight, and then I'm near the top of the overtime list for Thursday and Friday nights. After that I may be back to a string of four days on / four days off for a while. Here's hoping some of those days off will provide good photography opportunities!

No comments: