Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cell Phone Sky Photos

My two-year-old Samsung phone from Verizon (don't ask me what the model is, but it might be an A930) takes surprisingly good photos with its built-in camera. Most of what I take are cloud and landscape photos. It's nice to have a camera on hand when I don't happen to have my Nikon with me.

A purplish glow appears in the sky after sunset, 8:56 PM on June 26, 2009.

The sun through a broken cloud layer, July 3, 2009.

Clouds in the northern sky viewed from the steps of St. Mary's church in Nanticoke, looking across the roof of the parish school after morning Mass on Sunday, July 5, 2009.

Sunbeams and Venus in the pre-sunrise sky on the morning of August 27, 2009.

A detail from the previous image with the location of Venus circled.

The Moon over Main Street in Nanticoke, August 29, 2009.

The Moon nestled in wires, August 29, 2009.

No comments: