More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Monday, August 31, 2009

Bills

One of the ironies of the current overtime situation is that people are earning much more money, but they're forgetting to pay their bills.

I maintain a home-made ledger book that lists each of my recurring bills in approximately the order they are due. As bills come in I will note the actual due date in the column for that month. When I pay each bill I record the date and the check number. All very neat, and very easy to review in future months.

(And why don't I use a computer to do this? Because a) I don't trust computers, b) I like my information easily accessible, and c) my way is cheaper.)

I came home today intending to pay at least two bills. But I found that only one of them is due this week. The next group starts coming due in thirteen days, by which time I will have two more paychecks in my account. So I will hold off on those until at least after my next paycheck deposit on Wednesday.

Sigh. This is what my life has come to. But at least I have a job, and at least I am able to pay my bills.

1 comment:

anne said...

"But at least I have a job, and at least I am able to pay my bills."

So true, so true.

Zombies paying bills is what we are.

I think I just came up with an excellent song title.