Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to work, again

Bah. Even though I was at the bottom of the overtime list, they still need everyone. So I'm going in.

I'll admit I'm getting worn out. We're supposed to keep at this pace for a few months still. Then there will likely be rolling (temporary) layoffs again. I'm actually looking forward to that.

Never did get my lawn mowed. So I'll probably try to squeeze that in in the morning sometime after work. That's going to be fun.

The weather was mixed sunny and rainy yesterday, with the heaviest rain coming in the late afternoon when I was supposed to be mowing my lawn. (I mowed my mom's lawn in the early afternoon, after watching Ted Kennedy's funeral on CNN.) The weather for the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny and beautiful. Perfect lawn mowing weather. Perfect lawn growing weather, too.

I had a lousy night last night. Nightmares, dreams of personal conflict, personal stress. Woke up trying to figure out when I will be back on three-day weeks, during which time I will have to work overtime just to make up for the smaller paychecks. The 4x4 schedule works out, mathematically, to four four-day weeks followed by four three-day weeks. Any additional day in a four-day week is worth eighteen hours; the first additional day in a three-day week is worth only sixteen hours. So overtime during a four-day week is more valuable, but paychecks during a three-day week are - naturally - smaller.

Better start making my lunch.

No comments: