More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Fireworks in Nanticoke, July 4, 2009

It's the Fourth of July, and the City of Nanticoke put on a fireworks display. (Actually, it was the Nanticoke Housing Authority that sponsored it.) I can't recall if Nanticoke has done a show of its own in recent years, but this one was quite nice. I watched from the street alongside my mom's house, along with my mom, her neighbor, my brother, my sister-in-law, and my nephews. I set up my tripod and tried to remember how the "Fireworks" setting for my Nikon Coolpix L4 worked. I soon figured it out.

The display got started just after 9:00, while dusk had not yet fully darkened into night.

The wiggle in this image is due to the motion of the incendiaries, not to any camera shake on my part. I think.

A passing car leaves a trail on the CCD.

Not the finale. Not even close! This is just eight minutes in.

Palm trees! Still not the finale.

The beginning of the end.

Twenty-six minutes and one hundred and twenty-five photos later, it was all over.


Happy Fourth of July! I hope you had a good one, and came through with all your fingers intact!

2 comments:

hedera said...

I watched my fireworks on the 3rd, actually, in a reworked Ford assembly plant (now the Craneview Pavilion) in Richmond, California. I watched them through the clerestory windows in the building roof, while listening to the Oakland East Bay Symphony play John Philip Sousa marches. After they finished the 4 marches, the fireworks were still going, so they played the medley from West Side Story. It was quite an evening.

Betz said...

awesome pics!