Thursday, May 14, 2009

New lawnmower in the morning

The local Home Depot confirmed to me over the phone that they do have a Scotts 20 Inch Reel Mower in stock. I told them that I'll be there to pick it up tomorrow morning. Their pre-recorded message said that they open at 6:00 in the morning.

We'll see tomorrow if any of those statements conform to reality.

I hope tonight goes a little better than last night. Last night I was working on the machines that have generally been my "home" since March 16. I'm comfortable with them, know their peculiarities and rhythms, and generally can handle them well. Things went OK until midnight...at which point all hell broke loose. Nothing wanted to work right. Simple, routine things became anything but. I made more trips for replacement parts last night than I think I have in the year to date.

New mower in the morning. Lawns must be mowed between Friday and Monday. My younger nephew has an art exhibit on Sunday. (He wants to wear a "French hat" - a beret, I guess. The Irish tweed cap I bought for his older brother three years ago could probably double as a beret!) Depending on weather, I may do some travelling and visiting, or may go to see Star Trek . So many options fand obligations for just four days!

No comments: