Sunday, March 22, 2009

YouTube Weekend: The Verve, "Bitter Sweet Symphony"

I am hearing the opening notes of this song, or a soundalike version, being used in a Bank of America commercial. The Verve, "Bitter Sweet Symphony":


I'm wondering if Bank of America, like The Verve, will be sued into nonexistence by Messrs. Jagger and Richards, Esq.? Right now Jagger and Richards probably have a hell of a lot more money than Bank of America, even after accounting for the copious amounts they have inhaled, snorted, and injected. Still, I'm sure they'll take whatever they can get. Like they did with The Verve.

Tryin' to make ends meet
you're a slave to money
then you die

I wonder if Bank of America listened to the lyrics before they greenlighted the use of this song in a commercial?


Update, a few seconds later:
Here's a version of the commercial, though I'm not sure if it's the one I heard last night:
http://adsoftheworld.com/node/35237
The music is called "The Contender" by a group called The Illusionaries. Hope they have a good lawyer...

No comments: