Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bad day

Well, today wasn't so much a case of a single penny derailing the train as it was a case of the train jumping the tracks and plowing right into the heart of a major population center and releasing its cargo of nerve gas. It was that kind of day.

The most annoying part of it was that I had nothing to do with the problems. Everything - well, almost everything - I did was fine, when I got to do it. But I spent so much of the night racing around answering alarms and restarting presses that it was hard to focus on doing things.

It got to me after a while. At one point I thought I could very easily walk out of the room, turn in my badge to the office, quit, and walk out of the building. Then I realized it was 5:00, and I only had one hour to go.

We still don't know what the problem was. I had my theories, and threw them at my tech as quickly as I could formulate them, and some of them seem like they might actually explain the problems. But the real question is, will day shift be able to clear them up before I go in to work tonight?

No comments: