Wednesday, February 11, 2009

OMD: If You Leave

My nephew was inducted into the Junior National Honor Society today. After the ceremony, standing with my family in the cafeteria of the Junior/Senior High School that he attends, surrounded by tweens and teens, breathing in the peculiar biochemistry exuded by humans of that age, I had this song press itself into my mind: Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark's "If You Leave", from the Pretty in Pink soundtrack.


Even though this movie came out during the second semester of my first year of college, I still associate this song with my high school experience.

I never was in the National Honor Society, myself. My school district didn't have a chapter until a few years after I graduated.

1 comment:

whimsical brainpan said...

Boy does this bring back memories! You should hear the OMD album the song came off of (not the soundtrack). It is excellent!