Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back to work

After three weeks of being idled, I went back to work today to begin a slightly abbreviated three-day rotation. With the holiday pay from Presidents Day, that will be a decent paycheck. For this week, anyway.

That means I have to be in bed soon. I just ate dinner, put together my lunch, and caught up on my reading list of blogs - some of it, anyway.

Before I go to bed I should look around a bit for my cat's favorite toy, Dolly, a Fluppy plush toy that my grandmother won at bingo at the nursing home back in 1997. It became our new kitten's crib companion, and he has carried it around ever since. It went missing earlier this week, and he has been tearing the house apart looking for it.

2 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

I hope you found it. :-)

D.B. Echo said...

Nope, not yet. It's really breaking his heart, and mine. I just bought him something similar to see if he'll play with that until I find Dolly.