Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Milkshakes, and the drinking thereof

Me: I drink your milkshake!
My friends' four-year-old-daughter: I drink your milkshake!
Me: I drink YOUR milkshake!
Her: I EAT your milkshake!
Me: If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw that reaches acrosssssssss the room...
Her: That's not a straw, that's your finger!


...which would have been an excellent retort in There Will Be Blood.



As America is entering the early stages of the coming Resource Wars, increasing attention is being paid to the availability of alternative energy supplies. Many parts of Northeastern Pennsylvania contain a geological formation called the Marcellus Shale which has generated a lot of interest since it may contain deposits of natural gas. Companies are seeking to enter into lease agreements with landowners for the right to extract any natural gas found on their property. I think anyone thinking of entering into one of these agreements would be well-advised to watch There Will Be Blood first.

Heck, maybe someday I'll even watch it.

Parodies:
There Will Be Milkshakes


There Will Be Pokémon


Saturday Night Live: I Drink Your Milkshake (with special guest star Anton Chigurh from No Country For Old Men, another movie I haven't seen):


(In case I manage to make that disappear again, the site where I hound this video is here.)

No comments: