Friday, June 27, 2008

Some LOLs, and a song

Last night I was going through the images I have captioned for ICanHasCheezburger.com , looking for the one that I eventually posted. Most of these are not my own images, but are recaptioned versions of images other people have posted. Each time I create one I have an e-mail sent to me from the site containing a link to the captioned image. But something seemed wrong, something that moved me to write this e-mail to them:
I was just going through all of my e-mails of LOLs that I have created when I realized that all of the recent messages are pointing to other people's LOLs - with my name on them! Have all the recent LOLs somehow gotten scrambled and randomly reassigned? I hope I can recover the ones I've made!
It was weird. I didn't remember creating this one:

Or this:

funny pictures

moar funny pictures

And I certainly couldn't allow myself to take undeserved credit for this:


But then I clicked on a few more links...and came to the horrible realization that in the past I had been creating these things and then forgetting about them!

I'm so sorry. I'm reviewing them again, and I THINK they might be ones that I did, but so long ago that I don't remember - or half-remember them, but thought they were done by someone else. I did find the most recent one I did, which is a good sign. Sorry about the false alarm!
SO, in the interests of externalizing these memories, here are some more of the LOLs I've created over the last few months:

(Longtime readers may recall the Mantis of Certain Doom from three years ago!)

funny pictures

moar funny pictures

(I'm pretty sure the goalie can block shots with his hands in soccer. Definitely in hockey.)

(Hamlet, Act 5, Scene 1 - see here for Olivier's version, here for Branaugh's, and here for Mel Gibson's remarkable performance)

(Ummm, you need to know who Kokopelli is to get that one.)

There will be more.

Now, the song. This is one of those songs I can sing by heart. I pulled it up last week for a friend who was going through a hard time. Barenaked Ladies, "What a Good Boy":

I wake up scared, I wake up strange
I wake up wondering if anything in my life is ever gonna change
I wake up scared, I wake up strange
And everything around me stays the same

2 comments:

Michelle HD said...

I like the invisible goal block one the best. However, the Pokemons LOL cat is my fave.

Ashley said...

My boss is obsessed with putting the icanhascheezburger cats on the computers at work. My co-worker and I are annoyed by the cats and the bad spelling/grammar so we go through and find any that don't have a cat and have proper spelling/grammar. Then we make the surrounding background a bright color so it blinds him when he turns on the monitor.

P.S. Thanks for all the comments while I've been in hiding. :)