Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Crank x 3, and a Graffiti followup

My most recent letter to the editor was published (in its entirety!) today in the Wilkes-Barre Citizens' Voice. Now the good people of this area know that I am not only the sort of person who writes letters to the editor, but also that the contents of the funny pages figure high on my list of things to write letters about.

My Graffiti post prefigured an article in today's Times-Leader about some playgrounds in Wilkes-Barre being vandalized to the point that members of the local Crime Watch are recommending that they be shut down.
“And the filthy stuff written on (the equipment) is unbelievable,” Raup said. “We couldn’t get it off. We used acetone stuff, and ripped our hands apart, and it wouldn’t take it off.” Raup said the graffiti, which includes drawings of male genitals and explicit four-letter words, is written in marker.
Of course this article includes photos of the vandalism, including some of the graffiti - mostly just tags. But I'm sure that has the perpetrators bursting with pride. They're probably running around their schools going "Look at this! I did that! My work is in the paper!"

I hope the bastards boast a little too loudly and get caught. When their parents are paying to replace the playground equipment and repair the damage, maybe they'll have a chance to reflect on mistakes they made raising their children.

4 comments:

mom said...

i would love to email you and talk. it has been hard, lonely and energy draining. so you have my email?

mom said...

hello

D.B. Echo said...

Diz, I don't think I have your e-mail. You can e-mail me at databoy142(*at*)hotmail(*dot*)com. (Just replace the (*at*) and (*dot*).

That also works for MSN instant messaging. I'm also available on Yahoo and AIM.

whimsical brainpan said...

I hope the catch the idiots too.