Friday, May 30, 2008

A brief interruption

I like to blog. I try to blog every day. If I don't post something every day, you can assume I'm traveling, or dead, or busy, or in jail, or in the hospital, or am having a computer problem.

Like, say, a dead power supply.

I came home today and immediately went to turn on the computer. This isn't that unusual, but today I had a purpose. And I was thwarted.

The computer refused to power up.

After a lot of pressing of buttons and flicking of switches and unplugging of plugs and one tech support phone call to the friend who built (and rebuilt) this computer, I was pretty sure I had a dead power supply. At about 8:00 tonight I trundled the PC off to Best Buy to let the Geek Squad see if they could fix it. As it was, they were very slow tonight, and the guy I dealt with was super helpful, and he was able to replace the power supply while I waited. It was all fixed just after 9:00.

It wasn't cheap, but I'm back online just a few hours after discovering that my computer was kaput. And for the opportunity to spend time with my friends in the blogosphere, it was worth the price.

No comments: