Saturday, April 19, 2008

Unclaimed property

The other day my mom spotted a friend's name in the paper, in a full-page ad from the Pennsylvania State Treasury under the heading "State Treasury Seeks Local Unclaimed Property Owners." I just called her to let her know about it, and just for the heck of it I looked up my own name on the website - and it turns out I also have money coming to me! And so does my mom, and several of my friends from college.

I've known about this site for a while, and kept meaning to check it out, but you know how things are. But now I've got my claim form, and I just need to fill it out, and get it notarized, and stuff it in an envelope, and put a stamp on the envelope (with extra postage, since it's a five-page form), and send it in, and then wait by the mailbox...

So, ja, I'll get right on that. In the meantime, if you've ever lived or worked in Pennsylvania, the Commonwealth might have some money that belongs to you! Check out http://www.patreasury.org/ for more information, or just go straight to the Unclaimed Property Database and start searching!