More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Who needs sleep?

I'm hoping I'll be getting more than four hours of sleep tonight...though at the moment, I can't expect much more than five.

Sunday night I was up due to restlessness, and the Internet. Yesterday I was up and online way too late, too, but then the next-door neighbor (who will be immortalized in a comic strip in just ten days) called because her cat had run away. So there was that going on, too. (She caught him shortly after 11:00.) Both times I was up bright and early at 3:00 in the morning.

I just signed up for the "call-in" list. If an emergency arises during my off-shift due to excessive call-offs and no coverage, I said it's OK for the company to call me to come in. The catch is, they generally call at 6:00 in the morning and tell you to be there as early as possible. On many of my days off, I am still up and (relatively) active until 3:00 or later. Going in to work on three hours of sleep or less is not particularly appealing to me. But I can definitely use the money. So I signed up.

Anyway. I'm gonna cut this short. It's already 9:31, and I still have to make my lunch, empty a dishwasher, and lay out my clothes for tomorrow. Take care! Freedom comes this Friday! At which point I can begin to deal with my broken speedometer...

Title Reference: "Who Needs Sleep?" by Barenaked Ladies.

2 comments:

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

I don't know how you can function like that.

Lauren said...

Man... the internet totally does that, too. You're like, SLEEP? What's sleep?