Friday, January 18, 2008

...and still tired

Today I had to go to a birthday party I had forgotten about. The timing required that I basically leap out of my car as I pulled up at my mom's house, jump into the driver's seat of her car, and then drive the two of us to the party. It actually worked. But now I am completely spent.

Heard a good review of Cloverfield today that reminded me of the opening of Shawn of the Dead. A major monster-movie story nearly becomes a backdrop for the personal interactions of the characters. I may be interpreting that wrong. Still, even H.G. Wells's The War of the Worlds was told from the point of view of the narrator trying to reunite with his wife, who had evacuated at the outset of the Martian invasion.

Last Sunday was another birthday party. Turned out that the date I wrote on the card was December 13, 2007. I wracked my brain trying to figure out why I had written this date. My mom pointed out that December 13 is the day my grandmother died. Still not sure why I wrote 2007. Not quite 40, and I'm already experiencing Senior Moments.

Falling asleep now......

2 comments:

Gort said...

Senior moment? This aging process stinks. First the eyes go, then the memory and then.........uhm

whimsical brainpan said...

I'm right there with you on the "senior moments".

I hope you are getting plenty of sleep right now.