Here are the facts, as succinctly as I can put them:
- I saw bits of this movie on the Independent Film Channel.
- I believe I saw this movie sometime on Sunday, May 15, 2005 (the day after the last HFStival I went to.) The movie looked pretty recent.
- The movie may be set in Baltimore.
- The plot involves someone (a woman, I believe) digging into the mysterious history of an old hotel.
- The hotel dates back from either the Depression or some time before when there was great hardship and famine.
- The hotel restaurant in those days was frequented by the local elite.
- The hotel restaurant always had plenty of fresh meat, even when there was no meat to be found anywhere else in the city.
- I believe local disappearances of area children were connected to this hotel - and its supply of fresh meat.
- The truth behind what had happened was a closely guarded secret among the descendants of the people involved.
- There was at least one rotting-corpse-in-the-mirror-behind-you shot.
- The cinematography of the movie was fairly conventional, for the most part, but the edits felt very film-schoolish. The acting was uneven - a few good performances, several atrocious ones.
So, how about it? Some of the "facts" I have listed above may be wrong, and may therefore be red herrings. Does anyone know of a movie that seems to fit this description?