More information on the topics discussed below can be found on the Internet!

Custom Search

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas shopping

I'm ordering some stuff online today from Lee Valley. Christmas gifts, though one of them will be given as soon as it arrives - the Nomex Oven Guards. This is because my mom is currently sporting a pretty nasty burn on her arm from Thanksgiving, and she says "Oh, I always burn myself on the oven." Well, we'll see about that. No fresh burns for Christmas.

I won't be doing all my shopping online, though a large portion of the gifts I will be giving out arrived the other day in the form of gift cards from the Discover Card Cashback partners. I also have a creative and involved plan for a home-made gift I may be presenting to my friends. By the way, anybody know where I can get unprinted 8.5" x 11" x 1" (or so) boxes?

I will be doing my annual "What to buy" recommendation. This year's recommendation comes with a story - a story that is not my own, but a story that you really need to know. It's a story that needs a bit of time to tell, more time than I have while I'm on-shift. I need to go to the local fire safety supply store to make sure I can get these things locally.

Time to go. Day three of five. I think I'll find out tomorrow if I've been mandated for overtime again.

2 comments:

whimsicalnbrainpan said...

Hooray for online shopping and catalogs.

Michelle D said...

Agree with Whim :)

Anyway....you should try local craft stores -- Michaels, Joanne Fabric (in Edwardsville), and AC Moore for the box.