Sunday, August 12, 2007

What I did on my first day off

I was completely drained by the end of the day yesterday. I came home and grunted out a brief but semi-coherent post, and then got involved in a chat with a friend living several time zones away. After a while I realized that fatigue was making me feel like I was drunk, which might have explained why I was ranting and raving and mourning lost loves and coming very close to saying some stupid things.

So, naturally, after the end of that chat, I proceeded to stay online and surf the internet for hours.

I'm not sure why. I think I was resetting my biological clock by actually lapping myself, staying up for more than 24 continuous hours - 25 hours and 30 minutes, actually. I finally went to bed at 4:30 Sunday morning.

I woke at 9:00 and cleaned up some of the residue of the previous night's surfing. I had managed to pick up some adware called "Internet Speed Test" which popped up a column of ads alongside any Google search results, but it was fairly easy to remove using a combination of the "Add/Delete Programs" function from the Control Panel and an AVG Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware sweep. Then I made breakfast, did some surfing, and got ready for church.

After church I went to my house to check the mail and water the plants. I also realized that there was no way, sore as I still was from almost continuously standing for half of the previous four days, that I would be able to meet with some friends to go to a County Fair as they had suggested. I called them with my regrets, and then decided to take a Sunday Afternoon Nap.

Not a long one, since I had just learned on Friday that there was an awards ceremony for my nephew's Little League that I was supposed to go to. This was starting at 5:00, so we would need to head out by 4:00. I woke just before 3:00 and headed back to my mom's house, for a "dinner" of corn. (My mom has always referred to the second meal of the day on Sunday as "Dinner", even though it is usually eaten closer to what is normally considered "lunchtime", and is then nibbled on again later for "supper".)

The ceremony took well over an hour, which was a bit of an endurance test in the hot sunlight. My mom and I stopped for ice cream from a local stand and then went to Burger King for a "supper" of Kid's Meals (with toys from the Simpsons movie.) And then I came back home, and back to the internet.

Now I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Any day that ends with ice cream and Simpsons toys is a good day. :-)

I have a signal! It is sketchy (don't know how long it will hold) and not the one from the school, but it's a welcome sight (as is your blog).

D.B. Echo said...

Any day that I hear from you is a good day, Whim!

And congratulations on the signal! I hope it lasts!