Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8/10

For the moment, http://anothermonkey.blogspot.com/ has a Google PageRank of 8/10.

I think this is related to the recent avalanche of hits I've been getting lately. Up until a few weeks ago, my typical daily number of visitors was 70 - 100. Starting a few weeks ago - when I wrote a certain post I've mentioned previously - my daily visits shot up to 200 - 300 each day.

Yesterday I had 1,718 visitors. That's 3.1% of the total visitors I've ever received.

In the past seven days I've had 4,256 visitors, accounting for 7.7% of my total visitors, and in the month of August I've had 7,883 visitors, accounting for 14.3% of my total.

It would be foolish to imagine that this level of traffic will continue, or that I will remain at a PageRank of 8/10. Still, I hope some fraction of these new visitors will become regular readers. If you are one of them, welcome! Please have a look around and let me know what you think of the place!

UPDATE, a few minutes later: Now it's back down to the regular PageRank of 4/10. Perhaps the new post diluted the rankings. Oh well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I come to your page four times in one day to see if you've posted yet, do I count as four visitors? This is happening a lot more now that you're working again and your updates are showing up at more variable times. Does the surge {I shudder to use that term ;-) } coincide with your return to the ranks of the employed?
joy

D.B. Echo said...

Joy, I think the increase is more closely related to the "two moons on august 27" internet rumor, based on entry pages and referring searches.

I still owe you a response to an e-mail you sent me last week!

whimsical brainpan said...

That's impressive D.B., no matter what the reason!

Anonymous said...

i don't even know what a google page ranking is. and i have to assume that's a good thing, because mine is probably negative 20 gazillion or something.

anyway, i have written more of the blogher saga. so stop yelling at me and go read it.