Sunday, May 13, 2007

Support the Harry H. Baker Boys & Girls Club

In case you missed this mention in my "Three things" post the other day, friend of the blog Rima has asked me to pass along a request to you, my readers:

I would love for you to feature the Online Auction I am running for your huge reader-base! You don't have to be in Oakhurst, CA to shop for a good cause!

www.supportbgclub.cmarket.com

To learn more about our plight, visit www.supportbgclub.com.

(I had that second link messed up in the original post.)

Please do what you can to support this worthy cause!

In other news...

Today was Mother's Day - hope you didn't forget! It was also my cousin's daughter's First Holy Communion, an event that took up nearly the whole day - we were at the church by 11:10 for an 11:30 Mass which ran until nearly 1:00 and was followed by pictures at the church for another half-hour, then a party that lasted until nearly 4:00. After that we stopped at my house so I could water my concrete (it's looking less crappy as days go by, though I may still ice everything over with a layer of thin-set mortar), and then it was off to the cemetery to put flowers on the graves. (A lot of other people were doing the same thing. I always noticed that holidays like Mother's Day were big visiting days at the nursing homes. Hey, kids, nice of you to visit, but don't you think your parents and grandparents would appreciate those visits all year round, not just on the days when society decides to guilt you into going?)

By the time we got home it was too late to start any projects that would require extensive prep and clean-up, especially since I have to be out of the house by 7:30 tomorrow for an all-day class in Scranton!

Tomorrow is also the three-year anniversary of this blog. We'll see if I have anything to say about that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been around awhile to know that the kids at the boys and girls club are not being supervised at all times. My kids are not allowed there do to the fact that kids do and say what they want, knowing that they could leave the club whenever they wish and come back whenever they want, so why not just let them rome town?? No my kids don't do that either!!! If this club was a more supervised club (maybe a place that parents would have to sign them out) i would allow my kids to go there and i would donate to the club but thats not the case.
Signed
a concerned parent