Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Snuffy Smith vs. Rex Morgan, M.D.

For the folks over at The Comics Curmudgeon, here are two panels from "The MAD 'Comic' Opera", Issue 56, July 1960, stolen once again from my Completely MAD discs.

There's so much to love here: the beautiful, shadowed renderings of the characters, the guy taking a direct hit in the back from one of Dick Tracy's stray bullets that went through the window, Rex Morgan's gruesome demise...I particularly love his dying words: "My abdominal cavity has been laterally incised, and all them funny little things in there ain't workin no more!"

I urge you to go out and buy the new, single-DVD version of the MAD archives called Absolutely MAD. Every issue of MAD Magazine at your fingertips! The historical value alone is immense!

1 comment:

rimalicious said...

Hey you! Long time no talk to ...

I would love for you to feature the Online Auction I am running for your huge reader-base! You don't have to be in Oakhurst, CA to shop for a good cause!

www.supportbgclub.cmarket.com

To learn more about our plight, visit www.supportbgclub.com.

:)