Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Done and done

I finished the windows. Once again, they're not pretty and they're not perfect, but they're done, and a hell of a lot better than they were before. All of my insurance-company-required tasks are completed, with one day to spare.

I also finished planting the plants that arrived last week. In the past two days I put in two dwarf cherry trees (CompacStella and Lapins), two new grapevines (Canadice), and six blueberry bushes (Ivanhoe, Atlantic, Bluecrop, Herbert, Jersey, and Blueray, in that order.) I will still do a bit more planting, but that will mostly involve transplanting things from here to there.

Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of me buying the house, and I finally feel like it's mine.

I also finally redecorated my front windows. The snowflake, shamrock, and leprechaun window clings surrounding the anthropomorphic bunny rabbits were a bit out of date. Now my windows are full of tropical fish of all sizes, giving the appearance that my house is a giant aquarium. Maybe tomorrow I'll get pictures.

Now that all this is done, I suppose I don't have any excuses left for not throwing all of my energy into finding a new job.

No comments: