Monday, May 14, 2007

Another Monkey is three years old!

Another Monkey is three years old today!

If someone were to randomly ask me to evaluate the past three years of my life, I would probably say "Eh, nothing special." But this blog reminds me of just how wrong that assessment is. By serving as a record of events both trivial and large in my life, it reminds me...well, that life is made up of events both trivial and large, and unless you're paying attention they might not sink in on you.

Some of the events that have happened since I started this blog:

- I lost two uncles, my Father, a dog (Haley) and two cats (Ashes and Minnie.)
- I traveled to Ireland for the third time, and to London for the first time.
- I bought a house that used to be my grandmother's house.
- I lost one of my oldest friends, possibly because of something I wrote on this blog...or possibly because of something this person thought I wrote on this blog.
- I started several other blogs...most of them are pretty much inactive, though NEPA Blogs still gets updated from time to time.
- I made several new friends online, and met some of them in real life.
- I made at least one enemy online.
- I lost my job, and began the search for a new one.

Those are just some of the events from the last three years. It's really been quite a roller coaster ride. (For more information, you can begin reading this blog starting with the May 14, 2004 entry and work your way forward!)

Once again, all my thanks are to you, my readers, without whom I would just be talking to myself. Thanks for reading! I hope to keep providing you with amusing or interesting stuff for years to come!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Gort said...

3 years old already. I thought I noticed a little greying around the template. Congrats my friend. Looking foward to many more years of Another Monkey.

Super G said...

Congratulations. May the next three years be eventful in some different ways.

Best,

Super G

Super G said...

PS I recently got a fortune cookie that said "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

Here's to less experience.

D.B. Echo said...

Thanks, everybody! And Super G, glad to see you're blogging again!

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversay, to use Ashley's fine neologism.

Bill @ BN