Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sleep

Spent the night over at the new house last night. Damn, that place is comfortable. My grandmother often spoke of "my little homey", and now I am having the same feelings for the place. The steam radiators alone are worth the price: when I wake up my hands are not dried out and cracked and bleeding. Once I get the shower walls replaced I should be able to spend the night over there and take a shower and at least make tea with the one burner on the stove that gives a decent flame. Actually, I'm afraid to spend a weeknight there because I may simply decide not to get out of bed and go to work.

Bedtime now. It's been a trying weekend - I'm hoping I haven't done irreparable harm to a friendship, like I've done at least once before. But I was just treated to a late birthday dinner by some friends, so I'm feeling a little better. Time will tell what time will bring, and the only thing we can count on is that things change.

2 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

I hope your week is better and that things with your friend aren't as bad as they seem.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy the house is starting to feel at home to you.
:) Your Grandmother is smiling down.
Erm, did you call the friend either old or stupid?
Or short?