Monday, December 12, 2005

Send some love Melanie's way

Melanie over at Hyperextended Joints is having a hell of a week. First she lost her wallet during her commute home, and with it all her cash and credit cards and her bus pass. Then this weekend her car got pretty severely crunched by a hit-and-run driver in front of her apartment building.

It could have been worse in both cases. Her wallet was recovered, apparently intact, shortly after it disappeared - but in that time it had traveled some distance, and may have been rifled or at least perused. And a helpful neighbor managed to get the information on the vehicle that hit her car - though I know from personal experience that this does not necessarily mean that a well-connected and highly motivated hit-and-run driver won't be able to keep his or her car under the radar until the whole thing blows over. And Anne at Almost Quintessence can tell you just how unhelpful the police can be in the course of an "investigation" involving a car.

But let's not despair just yet. For now, please surf on over to Melanie's Hyperextended Joints and offer any condolences and bits of advice you might have.

1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

I was doing a random walk using the "Next Blog" button back on September 11 of this year. I came across her site and added it to my "Blogs of Interest" bookmark. After I found myself going back to her site over and over again, I decided to add it to my "Blog Links." And now I'm hooked!