Friday, December 09, 2005

Made it!

I made it to work alive. The roads are a mess, but passable.
I nearly broke my leg cleaning off the two inches of additional snow that accumulated since this morning's cleaning. I slipped on the snow while working on the passenger's side windows and ended up with my left leg extended in front of me with the knee bent ever so slightly in the wrong direction. Fortunately I am extremely flexible, and my knees tend to bend backwards a bit anyway. Nothing seems damaged or even sore, but my entire lower body was covered with snow for the ride in to work.
My commute was delayed by a tractor-trailer that drove at 15mph on an onramp for what semed like 10 minutes. There were assorted cars off on the sides of the highway. At one point my car skidded sideways halfway into the other lane - which was fortunately empty. Once I got off the highway I had to plow through a few intersections by taking my foot off the gas, holding the wheels straight, and hoping for the best. And the way home is currently blocked by at least one jackknifed tractor-trailer. Just another late-Fall day in Northeastern Pennsylvania!

No comments: