Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The leaves of yesteryear


In October 2000 we were all much, much younger. September 11th was just another day, this computer was still relatively new, and my scanner worked with a minimum of cajoling. I was out raking leaves at the end of October - leaffall must have happened two weeks earlier than it did this year. I had raked up a big pile of leaves from my trees and from other people's trees that had blown into my yard. I was looking at the pile and admiring the colors when an idea struck me.

I picked out a few of the nicest, most colorful leaves, dropped them onto my scanner bed, and scanned them. This is the resulting image. I'm pretty sure I didn't process the colors at all; I think this is what they actually looked like. The leaves are long gone, digested in my compost pile and recycled through my gardens, but this image is a memento of what the leaves looked like one Autumn long, long ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

harold, you are musing, and you seem sad to me. I hope your okay.
Is it just the thing going on with your pc? Is it the thought of facing your first holidays without Dad? Is it that of course just before the holidays we are slammed here?
Could be alot of things. I am here if you need to talk. :)