Monday, November 01, 2004

A summing-up

I don't like conflict. My body is built for it. My mind is built for it. Either one will resist almost any assault like an iceberg resists a luxury liner, and either one can attack in response in a way that icebergs generally don't. But I don't like conflict.

Like many others, I have allowed myself to be drawn into the political conflict of the Presidential election because I feel its outcome is very, very important. Through the course of the last few months I have tried to use what meager persuasive powers are at my disposal to incrementally influence some small percentage of readers who have stopped by my site. In a little while, God willing, I will be able to return to non-political musings on life, the Universe, and everything. But for now, let me present a series of links to my previous political blogs - a summing-up, or a greatest hits, whatever you like.

First off, if you don't know where your polling place is, go here. This entry also has some information about your rights at the polling place, and some musings on vote suppression.

If you are still undecided, or if you are still wondering "Why should I vote for Kerry instead of Bush?", read this, and follow the links.

Vote suppression - the act of preventing people from casting ballots - is a huge concern this year. For general information on vote suppression, go here. To read more on vote suppression through fear of terrorists, go here. To read about the use of religion to drive fear into voters, go here.

For just one of the reasons why I want Kerry to beat Bush tomorrow, go here. There are also some good links here, including stuff on Grover Norquist, possibly the greatest threat to the American government - and a man who has the ear of the Bush administration. (If you don't know who Grover Norquist is, you definitely need to follow these links. If you understand who he is, what his goals are, and what his relationship to the Bush administration is, you don't need another reason to want Bush out of office.)

Finally, for some good old fun with bumper stickers, go here.

And please, vote for John Kerry.

No comments: